What is the application experience from the Job seeker’s point of view?
By now you have probably created an ad and are waiting for responses to your posting.
Sometimes it’s helpful to understand how the options you choose when creating a job, affect the way job seekers apply.
What it’s like to apply through most job boards
Job seekers interact differently with Fitzii depending on what kind of post you’ve created (ie. Resume Only, Assessment Optional, or Assessment Required).
(click here if you want to see the differences between the above types).
- If you selected “Resume Only” job seekers will apply on a job board and fill out their basic contact information as well as attach their resume and cover letter. Click here to sample the Resume Only application.
a) By clicking the above hyperlink, you will be brought to the same page job seekers see when first applying to your posting. The job seeker will fill in their email address and click “Apply.”
b) In the next window, the job seeker will be asked to fill out their personal information and submit a resume. Then they will click “Submit My Application” at the bottom of the screen.
c) To confirm their application was received, the job seeker will be given this message in the next window:
d) The following message will automatically be generated and emailed to the job seeker:
2. If you selected “Assessment Required” when filling out the Job Details page in Fitzii, the job seeker will click the “Apply” button in your ad and be brought directly to the Fitzii Assessment.
After submitting the assessment, a confirmation message will appear in the next window:
3. If you selected “Assessment Optional” the job seeker will click “Apply” and be brought to the Fitzii website where they will be asked to fill in their email (like the Resume Only application). Then they will choose to fill out either a “Full Application” or a “Resume Only” application.
If you’d like to see how an applicant fills out the Optional Assessment click here.
a) When the job seeker clicks on the “Full Application.” They will be brought directly to the Fitzii assessment as if it were an “Assessment Required” application.
Resume Only Application
a) Unlike a typical Resume Only application, the job seeker will be asked to answer any eligibility questions you have created before filling in their basic information. Anyone that answers these questions in a way that is contrary to your preference will be marked as “ineligible” in your Job Manager in Fitzii.
b) After the job seeker has filled in the above information, the application will continue as a typical Resume Only application.
Applying through Indeed Easily Apply
In Indeed, job seekers have the option to fill out a shortened application. This is only an option on jobs in which you have selected “Resume Only” or “Assessment Optional.” Indeed calls this shortened application “Easily Apply.” When job seekers use this function here’s what they’ll have to do:
1. The Easily Apply function is chosen when the job seeker clicks the orange “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the job posting.
2. A window will pop up, and they will be asked to fill out their basic contact information as well as attach a copy of their resume (required) and cover letter (optional).
3. If you selected “Resume Only” when posting the job, the job seeker will complete the above information and submit their application. This automatically generated email will be sent to their address:
4. If you selected “Assessment Optional” in your job posting, the job seeker will be brought to another window after filling out their basic information and be asked to answer any eligibility questions you have created. Anyone that answers these questions in a way that is contrary to your preference will be marked as “ineligible” in your Job Manager in Fitzii.
5. After completing the Easily Apply application, the job seeker will receive an automatically generated email requesting a full application.
NOTE: If you selected “Assessment Required” when creating your job ad, candidates can’t use the Easily Apply function. Indeed will work like the other job boards and bring the job seeker directly to the Fitzii Assessment.
Now you know how job seekers fill in their applications using Fitzii.